THANK YOU COMOX VALLEY!
Our first clothing swap was a big success. The CVBN donated over $1100 to the Care-A-Van along with a lot of clothing that allowed them to restock on some much-needed items.
And as a bonus… the Transition House was able to take all of the remaining clothing and shoes for their own use and to sell at ‘Too Good To Be Threw’.
Win – Win – Win. See you in 2015!
Event Date: October 19, 2014
Event Time: 1 – 5 pm
Event Location: Royal Canadian Legion, Courtenay
Why: The Care-A-Van is celebrating its 5th Anniversary in the Comox Valley!
The Care-A-Van’s mission is simple: The prevention and early intervention of homelessness in the Comox Valley by improving access to healthcare and related services through relationship building with individuals who are homeless or at-risk of homelessness.
Every year, the CVBN chooses a local charity to support – and since none of us are doctors, nurses or dentists, we thought we could best help by having a clothing drive.
Then we thought, no – why don’t we have a clothing exchange? And make it a fun event for a weekend afternoon? And have it in the fall just as we’re all flipping our closets for the year and searching for Hallowe’en costumes?
To learn more about the Care-A-Van and the Comox Bay Care Society: CLICK HERE.
How It Works
- Drop off between 1-10 clean, consignment-quality clothing items (Women’s, Men’s, Hallowe’en Costumes) before the event at one of our dropoff locations:
Permanent Drop-Off Location:
- September 1 – October 17: Mackenzie Gartside & Associates, #5 202 5th Street, Courtenay, 9 am – 3 pm
- October 4: Quality Foods, 2275 Guthrie Rd, Comox, 10 am – 12 pm
- October 8: Ginger 9 on 5th Street, Courtenay, 1-3 pm
- October 11: Serious Coffee on Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, 10 am – 12 pm
- October 16: Serious Coffee on Cliffe Avenue, Courtenay, 3-5 pm
- Pay the Donation Fee: $10
- On October 19, join us for shopping, entertainment and refreshments
- You can pick up the same number of items as you’ve contributed
- All proceeds and remaining clothing items will be donated to Care-A-Van
Questions? Contact Shelly (ClothingSwap@CVBN.ca) or Beth (250-650-1527)
When you’re out and about in the community, don’t forget to drop in and thank the sponsors and supporters who are pitching in to make this event happen!